Who can benefit from psychotherapy?
Those who wish to better assess a particular situation can benefit from it. Mourning, loneliness, separation, relationship difficulties, professional struggles, fear of abandonment, emotional dependence, fear, addiction. Psychotherapy is for people with existential problems, chronic discomfort or temporary crises. Finally, psychotherapy, in terms of self-development, is for people who want to get closer to improvement and develop their potential.
What is the purpose of psychotherapy?
To have more self-confidence, autonomy, freedom, to open up to other possibilities and to move towards a better well-being in everyday life. With the objective of accompanying the person towards a better knowledge and awareness of himself, Gestalt therapy is a very effective method of psychotherapy in this sense.
Am I right to consult a psychotherapist?
I would like to answer your questions so that you can choose the best solution for your needs. First, I will present you with the inconveniences that are common during the first consultation.
- The future has never seemed so uncertain.
- I have trouble sleeping, concentrating or performing.
- I have suffered a setback that has caused me to lose confidence.
- I don't want to get involved even if I want to.
- My thoughts are getting darker and darker and sometimes I think it's the easy way out.
- I don't understand why you react this way. I feel like I'm starting to lose track of myself.
- I don't want to procrastinate anymore. I want to find a way to stop the constant avoidance.
- I want to have meaningful conversations about my sexuality, orientation and gender identity.
- I am unable to reconcile my beliefs (spiritual or religious) with recent events in my life.
- I am still anxious, sometimes to the point of panic. But I am now ready for change.
- I have family problems. I have done my best to resolve it, but I feel more and more stuck.
- My life has been turned upside down by recent losses, illnesses and divorces.... I can't handle my feelings and thoughts anymore.
- Nous avons eu des moments heureux dans notre relation, mais dernièrement je ne sais pas si nous devrions rompre ou rester ensemble.
We have had some happy moments in our relationship, but lately I don't know if we should break up or stay together. What do you expect when you date someone? Ask specific questions to assess your current situation. Discuss short- and medium-term treatment goals.
What we discuss to see if we are a good fit for what you are looking for.
You don't have to disclose anything you don't want to share.
How to assess if a presenting problem is beyond our expertise. (I will then refer you to a qualified colleague).
Rest assured that our conversations will be completely confidential.
How often do meetings take place?
The frequency of consultations is flexible and depends on your needs. But basically, we meet weekly. This frequency allows us to dig into key issues and maintain continuity in the process.
What is the average length of therapy?
The length of therapy varies from person to person. It will depend on the nature of your problem as well as the goals to be achieved. You will be able to better define the length of the process with your therapist during your first meeting.
Why should I enter therapy?
Entering therapy is an investment in yourself. Psychotherapy can be helpful when you want to make changes in your life. If you feel trapped by certain concerns, a psychotherapist can help you explore different perspectives and discover alternative solutions. Making the choice to see a therapist is not a sign of weakness. Committing to making positive changes in your life is a sign of strength.
What should I expect? I've never done anything like this before.
- During the very first session, the therapist will want to know more about you and why you are in therapy.
- In family or couple therapy, each participant will be encouraged to express his or her views. The therapist will ask you questions related to your problem in order to understand all aspects of it. He or she may also ask you about the various solutions you have tried to implement and other topics, such as your personal history.
- During the first few sessions, your therapist will ask you to define the goals you want to achieve.
- The remaining sessions will focus more on achieving these goals and
identifying the various obstacles that may arise along the way.